Rust-Anode® Technology is cold galvanizing. A cold galvanization made with an organic zinc coating, one component, which contains pure zinc at 99.995%, forming an electrochemical bond.
Compared with hot dip galvanizing, metallization or electrolytically applied at equal thickness, Rust-Anode® technology offers the same cathodic galvanizing performances.
Rust-Anode® Technology can be used in several fields, namely: Maritime, Transport, Tanks, Tower, Briges and Structures.
Characteristics of the Rust-Anode Primer
- Mono-component product
- 99.995% pure organic zinc
- Lower in VOCs
- Cathodic protection due to electrochemical bond with the metal (measurable [Ω resistance])
- Easy to apply with standard painting equipment, including electrostatic
- Required surface preparation: SSPC-SP7 or SSPC-SP6, or acid, depending on case
- May be applied on non-friable rust, free of dust
- Can recharge existing zinc from hot galvanization;
- Can be covered with most paint products
- Rust-Anode® Primer comes in only one colour: flat grey natural zinc RAL # 7005 .
- An equal dry film thickness of Rust-Anode® Primer provides the same performance as hot galvanization and metallization
- No structural distortion
- Metal with Rust-Anode® on, can be welded through with less of the release of toxic gases or flash
- Has anti-fouling properties ([anti-shelling] when immersed)
- High resistance to saltwater and salty environments
- May be applied to aluminium, concrete and existing paint after minimal cleaning
- Resists hydrocarbons such as hydraulic fluid, diesel, gasoline, urea, etc.
- Dries quickly (hygro-reactive) in moist environments
- Can be used at any time to retouch Rust-Anode® Primer coated surfaces
- Can be applied at temperatures from –5°C and +37°C (23°F to +98°F)
- Meets ASTM B117 (Salt Spray Test), ASTM D522 (Mandrel Bend Test), CAN/CGSB 1-GP-71 Method 119.5 and CAN/CGSB 1.181 and Canadian Food Inspection Agency standardshListe à puces, élément 3
The alternative to hot dip galvanizing process
It becomes possible, with Rust-Anode® Technology, to give new life to your hot-dip galvanizing without dismantling your existing structures.
No other product can give you this unique advantage